Re: libcurl with sftp support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 19:55:24 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Satish Mittal wrote:

> Quite recently I have been noticing efforts to put sftp client support into
> libcurl (using libssh2 library). Has it been incorporated into any recent
> release of libcurl? Is there any libcurl release somewhere that I can grab
> and try out the sftp functionality?

James Housley has been working on this, and his great work on SCP support has
already been committed and is available from CVS and recent daily snapshots.
He also posted a few questions yesterday about his work on SFTP, so I guess
you have a chance to tell your opinions and ideas and perhaps affect how this
is done in libcurl.

> I have been using libcurl quite happily in my product. Now I need to add
> SSH2 based sftp client support to it, and I was trying out writing my own
> wrapper over libssh2 for this purpose. But I am seeing some issues. May be
> people out here have a workable code. I would be quite happy to see sftp
> going into libcurl as soon as possible.

We certainly will appreciate your help to bring this to libcurl.

AFAICS, libssh2 may have a few issues we might need to sort out, but
unfortunately the libssh2 project seems close to stalled.