Re: Solaris 10?

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:45:24 +0100

>> after some investigation, it seems that my real problem is that
>> ./configure thinks that gcc uses GNU ld but on Sun Solaris it is not
>> recommended, so gcc uses the host ld... which does not support soname,
>> does not like at all visbility hidden stuff... is it possible? (that
>> ./configure fails to recognize that it is NOT gld but a poor old sun ld)
>> because of this it also tries to use -rpath (which is -R on Sun ld)
>
> Well yes, it could probably be so. The tests that check for what linker
> your gcc uses are autoconf's (libtool's?) own and nothing we wrote.
>
> What happens if you run configure --without-gnu-ld ?
no luck with that, neither with --with-gnu-ld=no (which seems to be tested)
but it seems that with LD=/usr/ccs/bin/ld, I may get something... yes it
seems to work.
this is not really practical but at least it compiles curl.
I could not test it yet (I do not want to install it to avoid random
dependencies)

Armel