Re: libcurl 7.16.0 configuration error?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:18:10 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Robert Iakobashvili wrote:

> The library builds OK, but further compilation of curl-loader provides:
>
> gcc -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -pipe -g -I. -I./curl-build/include -I./curl-
> 7.16.0/lib -c -o obj/loader_smooth.o loader_smooth.c
> In file included from ./curl-7.16.0/lib/setup.h:372,
> from ./curl-7.16.0/lib/urldata.h:28,
> from loader_smooth.c:32:

Now this is an application including library-private data. Doing that pretty
much leaves you to solve your problems on your own. We don't guarantee that
anything internally in libcurl stays the same across releases, which is one of
the reasons they are internal! ;-)

So why does it do this in the first place?