Re: Uploading file to auth http server, when login url is different to upload url??

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:31:05 -0800

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 06:44:50PM +0000, Theodore H. Smith wrote:
> Yes I tried. I got a 404 error. I can't actually tell if it's simply
> ignoring me (as it should), or the file to upload really doesn't exist.

That's fishy. A 404 code is not the correct code to return in this
case.

> I tried -c "cookiesTest.txt"
>
> I got a "login accepted" page returned. Only thing... no
> cookiesText.txt was created. I assume that means the server is
> returning no cookies? I wonder how it knows if we are logged in or
> not then?

Correct. There might be some Javascript involved here.

> OK good to hear. Will curl as a shell tool be enough or must I use
> the library? If possible, I'd rather use it in shell form, simply
> because my code is already set up this way and it's easier to
> experiment with in the OSX terminal.

It depends on how this login issue goes. Unless you need a JavaScript
parser in the loop, the shell tool is probably good enough.

A this point, I think the best way for you to proceed is to use
LiveHttpHeaders or some other HTTP request tracing tool to find out
what a browser does in order to do a proper upload. Once you figure
out what you're missing, you can get curl to replicate that.

>>> Dan