Two outstanding pipelining problems before release

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:31:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hey

Here's two remaining problems and my ideas on how to fix them. I hope to be
able to work on these myself, but in case anyone else would be interested to
join in, this is the current situation:

1. The same socket can be used by multiple easy handles, when they are used in
    a pipeline "chain". The curl_multi_socket() code does not deal with this!

    Fix: make sure that the easy handle that is currently "in charge" of the
    pipeline has "control" of the socket, so we don't actually add the socket
    more than once to the hash etc.

2. When doing pipelining with c-ares, we might try to use an existing
    connection before that has completed its name resolve phase!

    Fix: the actual crash cause is dealt with, but we must make sure that the
    handle that is re-using a connection that isn't yet resolved, still
    properly get activated when the previous connection in the pipe has reached
    that state.