Re: libssh2 patch 10/17

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:40:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, James Housley wrote:

> Should build without modifications after running ./configure . At least it
> does for me.

It did so for me too. I've done successful downloads with scp.

But I did find a slight flaw when trying it. When I try to scp a file that
doesn't exist on the server, it responds:

curl: (2) failed init

... which indicates a wrong return code.

I've also checked some of your source code now and I have these comments:

  1 - You don't use the "standard" transfer functions within libcurl. You
      should Curl_setup_transfer() and then allow the Curl_readwrite() function
      to do the actual transfer, not do the loops yourself. An interesting test
      to verify this functionality is to write a test application that uses
      the multi interface to do SCP transfers... This is what I spoke about in
      my reply about state machines previously.

  2 - You use very long source lines. We use less than 80 columns per line in
      this project.

  3 - The using of the environment variable HOME to get path names doesn't seem
      like a thing for the library. I think those paths are better passed in to
      libcurl from the app.

  4 - If you use infof() to log stuff, you'd be using the libcurl way to log.
      printf() is not really a good way.