Re: Direct socket IO with libcurl?

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:24:19 +0200

Hi,

From: "Nicholas J Humfrey" <njh_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
To: "libcurl development" <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: Direct socket IO with libcurl?

> Thanks Dan,
>
> Yes, it does make a lot more sense having libcurl doing decompressing,
> de-chunking, etc... so I will have a look at the buffer method. One of my
> concerns is that libcurl will fetch and buffer data faster than mpg123
> will consume it.
>
> Is there a way of stopping the WriteFunction callback until there is room
> in the buffer?
I think that libcurl does not have that yet. but i'd be happy to have it
also. it is basically the same problem as the direct get to put problem
(because get may go faster than the put command would consume, and the
opposite as well [but this half of the problem is not your case]).
BTW, here you can reasonably cache the exceeding data, but this is probably
not wishable (simply for a question of simplicity of your code).

maybe having a "please wait" return code would be useful for both Read and
Write function, once the reader or the writer of the buffer is happy, it
would say "please go on".

i'm just wondering: what function would we call for that? currently there is
no function to act on a transfer once started, no?

Regards
Armel