Re: libssh2 patch 10/17

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:18:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, James Housley wrote:

> + else if(checkprefix("SFTP", conn->host.name))
> + strcpy(conn->protostr, "sftp");
> + else if(checkprefix("SCP", conn->host.name))
> + strcpy(conn->protostr, "scp");
> +#endif /* USE_LIBSSH2 */
>
> I will remove it, I was just trying to mimic ftp/ftps as best as I could.

Yeah, nobody names their scp or sftp servers like that so it makes no sense.

>> - There are a few places where HAVE_LIBSSH2 is checked, but it probably
>> ought to be USE_LIBSSH2
>
> I will look through that more. What is the difference between HAVE_ and
> USE_ since DISABLE_ doesn't make sense because you have to explicity add
> LIBSSH2

In the sources I tend to define USE_* when there's a feature that is enabled,
because the HAVE_* defines are generated by configure and they are usually
more fine-grained. Like HAVE_LIBSSH2 could mean that the lib is present but if
you don't have the headers for it so you can't actually build libcurl with it
enabled. This means USE_LIBSSH2 could be depending on several HAVE_* defines.

>> - Does libssh2 really support pkg-config? The packages I've seen don't
>> include pkg-config files.
>
> ??? Not sure what you mean here.

He meant that your configure work (obviously based on the OpenSSL checks) runs
pkg-config to get info but there might not exist a libssh2 package anywhere
that provides info with pkg-config...