Re: using curl with Borland C++ on windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:33:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Rob McEwen (PowerView Systems) wrote:

(please wrap your lines at column 78 or so)

> After several hours of this and much frustration, I though, "Why not simply
> use the pre-compiled DLLs" listed near the bottom of this page:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/download.html
>
> So I tried that, but still get an "unreferenced" error message. when I triy
> to compile the DLL.

If you download a pre-compiled DLL, why even both trying to compile it? Or did
you mean when you tried to link a test program with a pre-compiled DLL?

> (1) Does borland (bcc32.exe) on windows work with the "Win32 - Generic -
> libcurl" v. 7.15.4 build listed on that download page? Or is it required
> that these components be compiled by Borland in order to use then in C++
> source compiled to a DLL by Borland.

I have no idea.

> (2) On that download page, what is the difference between the "Win32" builds
> and the "Win32 2000/XP" builds? Does it matter which one I use?

The latter one uses SSPI which isn't enabled in the former one (since windows
pre-2000 didn't have it supported I've been told), so if you get one of these
DLLs and it works then you should be fine.

> (3) Is there any kind of "step-by-step" instructions for setting up CURL for
> use within a simple C++ script if/when using the precompiled binaries?

Not that I know of.