Re: running_handles: less than zero ?

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:14:20 -0500

> And here's my take at refining your patch, in an attempt
> to avoid calling the callback unless it really has to.

Yes, that makes sense. I applied your patch and it seems
to work fine. I'm still getting the stalling problem, but
the changes don't seem to affect it one way or the other,
so at least we haven't done any harm.

Looking a little deeper at the stalling stalling problem,
it looks like libevent event is just calling epoll_wait
repeatedly, always getting 0, but when I stuff in another
URL, everything kicks back into gear, and the pending
transfers immediately return "(28) Connection time-out"

The problem only occurs with ares, using regular DNS
everything works fine, just a lot slower.

Thanks,

 - Jeff