Re: Adding libssh2 support to curllib

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:47:53 +0200

On 10/6/06, James Housley <jim_at_thehousleys.net> wrote:
> I have started adding libssh2, for sftp, to a program of mine that already
> uses libcurl. I know there has been requests for this in the past. I don't
> know if I will have time to finish, but before I start.... libssh2
> documentation is very sparse, but is very simple. Basically you use
> libssh2_sftp_open(), libssh2_sftp_read(), libssh2_sftp_write(), and friends.

It's sparse indeed.. I spent a day or so back in May with libssh2
version 0.13 and there is stuff that you need that isn't in the docs.
On the other hand it's not difficult to get working though. I got as
far as through the connect phase, but unfortunately I never got more
time to work on it. In case anyone can use it for any purpose I'm
attaching a diff.
What's missing is the makefile additions to actually build it - I
didn't do the proper stuff with the build system, I only hacked the
makefile manually while testing, so I know it compiles and builds and
works up to the stage where it stops (that is where you want to start
to actually transfer data..), but as provided the build will fail
because of the missing makefile additions. (And that's also why I
haven't uploaded the patches yet :-)

-Tor