Re: PROT P for ftps://

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:58:27 +0200

>> i'm using ftps://server/ style URL, however, it seems that libucrl
>> assumes
>> that when using a this style of URL, the data connection is encrypted by
>> default (without telling PROT P to the server).
>> FileZilla Server seems to expect the contrary :(
>> if i remove the ssl[SECONDARYSOCKET].use = TRUE when "ftps" is detected
>> in
>> the url.c:3082, everything works, but it may break some other
>> implementations for sure.
>>
>> any idea of a good way to solve this?
>
> You want to call curl_easy_setopt with CURLOPT_FTP_SSL, not use an ftps:
> URL.
the problem if I do not specify ftps: is that it does not try to connect to
right default port and in fact specifying port 990 will not work either as
CURLOPT_FTP_SSL=CURLFTPSSL_ALL seems to expect clear text at start (curl
fails with "This doesn't seem like a nice ftp-server response") while it
gets SSL blurb.

nonetheless, avoiding completely ftps, connecting to ftp: normal port, using
CURLOPT_FTP_SSL=CURLFTPSSL_ALL, and using AUTH SSL works with FileZilla.
but i'd be happy to have also ftps work out of the box.

Armel