[Urgent] Curl library not picking up OpenSSL

From: Parthiv Dave <daveparthiv_at_lycos.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:29:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am facing some issues while building CURL library.

1) Using libcurl in AIX 4.3.3 OS:

I am configuring the curl with following command:

env LDFLAGS="-L/home/parthiv/libcurl/openssl-0.9.8b/lib -lssl -lcrypto" ./configure --with-ssl="/home/parthiv/libcurl/openssl-0.9.8b" --with-threads --prefix="/home/parthiv/libcurl/curl-7.15.5"

The above command configures CURL with OpenSSL support. But, at runtime, the ftps upload doesn't work. Error buffer says:

"libcurl was built with SSL disabled, ftps: not supported!", which means that SSL library is not picked up while building the libcurl library.

2) Building libcurl for Solaris 9 OS:

The same command for configuring libcurl fails to enable OpenSSL support in Solaris compile server. This is perhaps because the OpenSSL is not installed on the compile server and pkg-config fails to set LIBS path. But, I am not sure why it doesn't pickup libraries as I am setting LDFLAGS and ssl libraries (libssl.a and libcrypto.a) are available in the specified directory.

Can someone please help me out in solving these issues?

Thank you,

Regards,

Parthiv.