How to send data to a telnet connection?

From: Tom Jerry <catod6_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:35:04 +0200

Hello,
I'm trying to use curl library for establishing a telnet connection.
I'm using win2k and libcurl 7.15.5 .
I defined a multi handle, easy handle, write function and read function and
set the port to 23.
When I "perform", connection is done, and I can see that the negotiation
part is performed and the login prompt is sent back to my application. At
this stage, the server expects me to send the login name, but I cannot make
the library send back the login name string.
I tried doing that by writing the login name to the ptr buffer in my read
function (CURLOPT_READFUNCTION), but it appears that this funcion was never
called.
In debug mode, I see that my "perform" thread is "stuck" on waiting state
after calling to RadFile (line 1266 on telnet.c).
Why isn't my read function being called? Is there any other way of writing
data to the connection?

Regards,
Ori.