Re: Curl and CMake

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:42:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Andy Cedilnik wrote:

> Well, I would take responsibility of maintaining CMake files, since I am the
> one who needs them. By the way, libcurl is cmakified. We use it in CMake for
> the last couple of years without any problems, so I would argue that 75% or
> more of the work is already done.

You also need to take into account that the autotools are very well known and
used in the open source community, so random hackers are often familiar enough
with them to contribute to them easily. This also goes for me, as curl and
libcurl maintainer. I've hacked configure scripts for over a decade, but I've
never ever touched a CMake file.

I don't want that to sound like I'm dismissing all new ideas or proposals,
just that some things that are settled and work pretty good aren't really
worth all the trouble to replace.

> Ok, all I am really asking is if it would be possible to add CMake files in
> the source tree, so that I can make sure they are in sync with the sources.

Can you attach them to a mail and post so that we can see what they look like?
We do have makefiles and other build files for a wide range of systems so I
don't think it is a very far-out idea to add a few more.