Re: proxy support?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:17:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Armel Asselin wrote:

> i'm currently adding support for proxies in my interface (the program being
> based on libcurl) I wonder if there is somewhere a grid telling for which
> protocol (HTTP, FTP...) which types of proxies are supported.
>
> is there such a table? or is it simply not usefull because it is trivial?

No, there's no such table. The basics are like this:

Most protocols support HTTP proxy, but note that non-HTTP over such a proxy
will also speak HTTP unless you "tunnel through" it.

Then there's socks4 and socks5 proxies and those are generally not very well
supported for anything, but I believe they work at least for plain simple HTTP
and probably for FTP too.