Re: SSH lib for libcurl - first evaluation attempt

From: Alexander Lazic <al-curllibrary_at_none.at>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:03:30 +0200

Hi,

On Sam 09.09.2006 23:36, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>Since there might be someone willing to fund me adding SCP/SFTP support
>to libcurl, I've taken a first tour around the world of SSH-libs and
>below follows some of what I've learned.
>
>I'm interested in hearing if anyone on this list have anything
>additional to say or if you can contradict my findings or anything else
>related.
>
>The goal is to find the most suitable SSH library to use as base for
>this.
>Of course other libs can be made to work as well in the future, but I
>now need to pick a single one to go with for now and the forseeable
>future.

Have you also looked into this one?!

http://www.openssh.org/unix.html

---
OSSH is an SSH1-only implementation. BSD Licence.
LSH/psst is an SSH2-only implementation, by Niels Möller in Sweden, GPL
Licence.
Dropbear is a small SSH2 server/client implementation written by Matt
Johnston. It is available under a MIT-style license.
---
I'am not very confident to add the ssh/scp/sftp to libcurl but if the
community have a need for this I will try to help to solve this
necessity, jm2c.
Hth && regards
Alex