Re: curl_multi_fdset() and select()

From: Gisle Vanem <giva_at_bgnett.no>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:59:28 +0200

"Armel Asselin" <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> i'm not absolutely sure but I think that Winsock __ignores__ the first
> parameter (the Windows fd_set (or so) structure already codes the size of
> what is inside)

Yes, you're right. The page at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/select_2.asp

confirmes that. But when curl_multi_fdset() doesn't FD_SET() any sockets
(and max-fd == -1) the error from select is the same:

<quote>
  Any two of the parameters, readfds, writefds, or exceptfds, can be given as null.
  At least one must be non-null, and any non-null descriptor set must contain
  at least one handle to a socket.
</qoute>

--gv