Re: [SAD TRUTH] does curl_multi handle can be accessed from 2 threads?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:14:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Christian Grade wrote:

(Please don't top-post)

> You actually end up with two parallel bookkeeping mechanisms for the
> transfer data at two code abstraction levels: one in "multi.c", one in your
> own wrapper, where one level is redundant. This is undesirable per se.

What "bookkeeping mechanisms" are you talking about that you need to do that
the multi interface already does? Or rather, in what way can the interface
help you do that bookkeeping?

> Things become even more complicated if you need to associate additional data
> with an hEasy. An 'easy node' should have at least a void* where you could
> pass your own struct to.

You mean like CURLOPT_PRIVATE ?

> On top of that, I think transfers should rather be identified by a hashed
> key (via url string) only.

Why? What would the gain be? I don't see what the difference would be to your
app. You still need to create an entity and tell what URL to transfer.
So, please elaborate with more details how that would work.

> I don't understand why you don't understand my complaints.

And I don't understand why you don't understand that I don't understand...

So perhaps we can go back to this point:

Can you please tell us what you're trying to do? And then perhaps, can you
please tell us (preferably with API descriptions or a patch or so) how you'd
like the API to be like.