Re: HTTP suport disabled

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 10:14:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Diniz Bortolotto wrote:

> * libcurl was built with HTTP disabled, http: not supported!
> curl: (1) libcurl was built with HTTP disabled, http: not supported!
>
> and...
>
> The "curl -V" command response:
> curl 7.15.5 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.12.2 zlib/1.2.3

This is certainly an amusing combo. curl 7.15.5 with libcurl 7.12.2... But
since this is the libcurl list we can ignore the curl tool ;-)

You need to rebuild your libcurl and point out a proper OpenSSL, GnuTLS or
yassl installation at build-time to make it HTTPSable.

Or you can just get a pre-built binary package for your Linux distro. It would
greatly surprise me if there isn't one provided already - one that very likely
is newer than the libcurl you have!