Re: CURLFORM_BUFFER vs CURLFORM_PTR

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:58:02 -0400

Mohun Biswas wrote:
> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> No it isn't. I'd say it is a bug. But I can't see any code that
>> lowercases the string?
>
> Let me try it again to make sure I'm not mistaken. It was late at night.

Sorry, I was wrong here. The basename-ing is being done by libcurl, as
you say, but the lowercase transform is being done on the server side by
the Apache Commons FileUpload package. So I'll address that with them if
at all.

Interestingly, though their JavaDoc doesn't say anything about case, it
does have this to say about file names:

"Returns the original filename in the client's filesystem, as provided by
the browser (or other client software). In most cases, this will be the
base file name, without path information. However, some clients, such as
the Opera browser, do include path information."

So you're not out of the mainstream here.

BTW, though in my case I need the full pathname, I was able to work
around it (since I control the server too) by swapping the two fields
and passing the full pathname in the "name" parameter.

MB