Re: socket callback for setsockopt()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 01:10:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, David McCreedy wrote:

> Here's a new patch.

Looks good. Just one little nit and two questions:

1 - we want the callback to get a user-provided pointer as well, in the same
     style all the other ones do. Probably then called CURLOPT_SOCKOPTDATA.

2 - we do create sockets at several other places as well, shouldn't we offer
     the callback for them too?

3 - if we do (2) and call the callback at other places, do we want to tell the
     callback something about what the socket is meant for or similar to let it
     be able to decide what options to set on it?