Maybe OT but please talk about embedding scriptlanguage ;-)

From: Alexander Lazic <al-curllibrary_at_none.at>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:33:04 +0200

Hi,

i'am not sure if this isn't really a curl issuse therefor i try it here
because there are also some knowen persons which could help, if they
want;-))

@Responser: you can contact me off list if you want ;-)

I plan to use the libevent and the *multi* interface for some issuses
and need a script language for the users of the program which could set
some datas or set dynamicly some options in the program.

I have thought to use perl/python/ruby bindings but then i have some
*limitations* of the different script langugages (memory, fd-handling,
performance, ...)

I have thought to use javascript/gecko engine of mozilla.org, due the
fact that this is the common client script language, this could be in a
future release ;-)

The main reason why i ask you is which language *you* prefer to embedd
into some c-programs ;-)

[ ] perl
[ ] ruby
[ ] python
[ ] javascript
[ ] spl
[ ] lua
[ ] any other of the *many* other

The target is:

1.) make a user-interface to manipulate date from
    $PROTO(http/ftp/...)-response
2.) common usage
3.) change able, so that you can decide at compile time which language
    you prefer (--enable-$LANGUAGE)
4.) your ideas ;-)

Thanks for read && regards

Alex