RE: Unknown SSL protocol error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:03:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Winslow, Dave - OJA wrote:

> Ok Dan - I appreciate your looking at this. I'm not sure what leads you to
> your conclusion (something in the output no doubt) ... and I'm not exactly
> sure what the "TLS test" did - because I don't know a great deal about FTP
> over SSL.

Basis for my assumption (not conclusion):

1. You're not the first to report this problem

2. curl works fine against a wide range of existing FTPS implementations

3. the error description indicates failure to SSL-negotiate on the data
    connection

> I have some additional information from my colleague - CuteFTP 7.1
> Professional build 06.07.2005.1 works to put and get files (using SSL and
> x509 certificates) to this very same server.

And you use the same certificate for your curl tests?

Oh well, then I figure you can start digging and see if you can figure out
what CuteFTP does differently. I have no idea what CuteFTP does or not.

> We want to use libCurl however because we can script the needed
> functionality and call it from our web application.

And I (we) of course want libcurl to function as good as possible with
existing servers and related software.

But I don't see what libcurl would do wrong here. I simply don't. I guess
someone could get one of whose WS_FTP servers setup and see if the bug is
repeatable and then we could try to see if we can figure something out.