Re: AIX 5100-06 autobuilds

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:57:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Yang Tse wrote:

> AIX 5100-06 autobuilds tests are failing since August 12 failing to start
> HTTP and FTP servers due to 'Address already in use'.
>
> The only change we introduced August 11 should not be the reason for this
> failure so I suspect it isn't a cURL issue. It would be helpful to know
> which process is the one which is holding the address making it impossible
> for cURL's test servers to bind to that port.

I would say that it is a sign of one of the remaining bugs in the test suite:
it tends to leave a test server (or two) running from time to time even after
everything is shutdown. It can then cause this kind of trouble.

This is in fact the main reason why I'm not running tests on a whole range of
more machines. System administrators don't like left processes running bezerk
and I've not had enough time to research and track down these problems.