Re: optimizing TYPE in FTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 22:54:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Armel Asselin wrote:

>> For the SIZE disabling thing, I'm in favour of adding a way to cancel
>> commands in a more general way, and even possibly to replace single
>> commands with alternative ones. In similiar spirir like you can do with
>> HTTP headers.

> i do not really see what is the idea?

Imagine a person coming here asking for SIZE not being sent to the server. We
then would need a way to do that. Another day someone else comes asking for
some other command to be inhibited.

> could it be something like having an curl_slist of lines such as:

> Size: verb=SIZE %file% to specify another verb?
> or
> Size: no to disable it?

I think I'd prefer something simpler. Perhaps like:

   "SIZE:" to disable or

   "SIZE:MYONWSIZECOMMAND" to replace it

But of course, supporting disabling or replacing _any_ command in the FTP code
might require more code than this is worth...