should it work?

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 22:02:25 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to do the following:
- I want to profit from libcurl mechanic to make the CWD right to a directory and then I want to only do a MKD / DELE / RMD command.
- to do that I put the parent directory url of the item that I want to operate on as CURLOPT_URL
- I put CULROPT_NOBODY = 1
- I use a POST QUOTE with my command (e.g. MKD My Folder)
- it issues exactly the wanted commands fomr a pure FTP point of view (checked the logs) and it works.

but it hangs times to times, particularly when already in the right directory (i.e. the second list of commands hang). It seems that the problem come from the fact that the "start" of the work should at least send some commands so as to have something to wait for... but it sends nothing so that the select( ) before multi_perform( ) always fail with timeout, the write part of the socket is not returned by multi_select( ). Also, at the exact time of the start of the command Curl_select on the socket returns 0 (meaning that the socket is not ready, logically it go out of the initial DO phasis). but it never reach the DOING phasis.

should i do my stuff differently? how can I do that keeping the cool behaviour of libcurl wrt to the CWD commands?

Regards
Armel Asselin