Re: Proxy authentication with CONNECT_ONLY option.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:21:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Praks wrote:

> Thanks for the responses. The point that CONNECT_ONLY need not do proxy
> authentication is correct. But I am looking to develop an application where
> in my HTTP client has to connect to a server across a proxy (with
> authentication) and then give me the handler so that I send further TCP data
> to that socket and hence this requirement.

Yeah, I think we should support this since if you'd want pure
non-authenticated proxy access you could simply not use any authentication...

> I tried to incorporate the fix that was suggested, but I get a compliation
> error for "data->state.authdone", which states that the field "authdone" is
> not part of the structure "Urlstate". Anyways, I would try to workaround
> it(Hope I am not doing anything wrong here).

The "fix" was a bit too quick and I just pasted that without first trying it
myself and it bit me too when I tried to compile... The proper check probably
looks more like

      if(data->set.connect_only && data->state.authhost.done &&
         data->state.authproxy.done)

... but again this is untested and written straight off the top of my head.

> PS: I have not got a complete handle of the Curl code yet. Apologize if
> there is anything silly in my questions :-)

I didn't find anything silly in there!