Re: Anyone for HTTP Pipelining?

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:44:43 +0200

> I'm currently working on writing down ideas and thoughts around adding
> HTTP Pipelining support to libcurl. Below is my first take at some notes.
> I'm posting this mail to you guys to let you know my intentions and also
> with the hope that perhaps someone has some good ideas or experiences with
> pipelining that they feel like sharing with the rest of us!
would it be feasible to have the stuff that you add 'protocol agnostic'?
FTP can be pipe-lined also with for servers, the logic is the same. this
pipe-lining is essentially what you described and nothing relies on HTTP in
fact, it is just that 'it works'... and it can also with FTP servers.
far from me to tell "just do it", but it would be cool to do the HTTP
pipe-lining stuff keeping in mind that the infrastructure should not rely on
HTTP itself.

Armel