Re: HTTPS POST

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:24:50 -0700

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 03:45:48PM -0700, Alex Kelly wrote:
> When I add "curl_easy_setopt(queue, CURLOPT_USERPWD, userpass);" to my code,
> libcurl thinks that I want to download the webpage, instead of post to it.

Whenever you POST to a web page, you also download the results of that post.
It sounds like your adding of the login info to the request causes the site to
authenticate you and delivers more data in response to your POST than
you would get otherwise. That's what I would expect to happen.

> Is there a way to pass the username and password to a website so I can HTTPS
> POST?

Just the way you've done. Depending on how the site handles authentication,
you might have to specify the authentication method. This assumes that the
site doesn't actually require an SSL certificate instead of using an HTTP
authentication method.

>>> Dan