Re: cross-compiling the curl library for PPC?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:17:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>> If you want to play it the hard way,
>
> actually, that's not the hard way -- there's no other way to do it if you're
> cross-compiling.

No? Then I've must've been on drugs when I thought I did it... ;-)

> you can cross-compile openssl on your build system, but you certainly can't
> do a "make install" since it's meaningless to install that on your *build*
> system.

If getting an install tree that you could use "the easy way" with curl's
configure is meaningless, then yes. And I didn't say you have to run make
install, you can still arrange the files the same way 100% manually with very
little effort.

I do cross-compiles daily.

> i tried that as well, and it also didn't work -- the configure step
> complained that it couldn't find an openssl installation.

If you check config.log after configure is run, did it show the correct paths
for the SSL checks? That is the way that should work.

> but assuming that *is* the way to go, what would you supply as a
> "--with-ssl" argument?

None at all I believe, as curl's configure should check for the ssl libs
always.