Re: End of Line Handling (affects ALL platforms)

From: David McCreedy <mccreedytpf_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:07:44 +0000

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>I think we should simply skip the size checks if we do ascii transfers.
>
>Or am thinking wrong again?

We can't be sure that the FTP download worked based on the server's SIZE
reply.
But we can be sure that it didn't...

I think the existing check against SIZE and my new check against SIZE+line
end conversions are quite valuable.
If the ascii mode transferred file doesn't match either we definitively know
that the transfer failed.
And that's worth passing on to the caller.

Why hide known failures just because we can't prove successes?

-David