Re: Content-Length Question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:56:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Jim Birkenseer wrote:

> I think I have tracked down the issue to be the one mentioned in this
> thread:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-08/0101.html

Argh. I had forgot all about those things. Now then come all back to me and I
can tell you they don't feel good... :-(

> I think the problem that I am experiencing is that add_bufferf() does not
> properly handle the %lld format in CodeWarrior 9.3 on Mac OS X.

Well, add_bufferf() is using vaprintf() from lib/mprintf.c so if there's a
problem with %lld then the problem is in libcurl's printf() code.

And it seems reasonable if it truly is the problem as described in that old
posting.

> I am working on a terrible hack right now to get around this problem. Does
> anybody have any ideas on an elegant way to address this issue?

Well, does your compiler have a working 'long long'? Is your 'off_t' a long
long?

We need to properly figure out what the problem is to be able to make an
accurate and good fix!