Timeout in milliseconds

From: Dan Petitt <dan_at_digiguide.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:09:01 +0100

I would like to set a connecttimeout and timeout in milli-secs, but for some
reason even though the code deals with these values in milli-secs the code
multiplies the setting value passed by 1000 and thus it only accepts timeout
values in seconds.

This seems a bit strange, what could have been flexible has been configured
to not be. So I am thinking there must be a good reason other than
usability.

Is there anyway that we could have new options added "connecttimeoutmilli"
and "timeoutmilli" that does the appropriate thing ... it should be quite
easy to add, but I don't want to change our codebase if at all possible as
it makes it more of a hassle merging new versions of libcurl?

Thanks.