Re: CR/LF in URL
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:36:46 -0500
RM> This has bitten me before. I usually use tr to strip the CR:
Indeed, tr works great for this. But I think the issue
is not so much with *solving* the problem as it is with
*finding* the problem...
* About to connect() to ftp.gtk.org port 21
* Trying 220.127.116.11... connected
* Connected to ftp.gtk.org (18.104.22.168) port 21
< 220 Welcome to the GIMP.ORG FTP service.
> USER anonymous
< 331 Please specify the password.
> PASS curl_by_daniel_at_haxx.se
< 230 Login successful.
< 257 "/"
* Entry path is '/'
* Remembering we are in dir pub/gtk/perl/Gnome-0.3000.tar.gz
* Connection #0 to host ftp.gtk.org left intact
* URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
curl: (3) URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
* Closing connection #0
Compare with wget:
Resolving ftp.gtk.org... 22.214.171.124
Connecting to ftp.gtk.org|126.96.36.199|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /pub/gtk/perl ... done.
==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR Gnome-0.3000.tar.gz\015 ...
No such file `Gnome-0.3000.tar.gz\015'.
As you can see, wget more clearly shows where the problem is.
Received on 2006-04-11