Re: Disabling automatic handling of 'Set-Cookie:'

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:16:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Ashu Sharma wrote:

> Even if curl is handling cookies, would it be possible to disable this
> temporarily at runtime. Just like COOKIEFILE or COOKIEJAR automatically
> enable the cookie handling, is there some way to turn it off too, at
> runtime?

No, there's actualöy such option. We should probably consider adding one. You
can however clear all known cookies by setting CURLOPT_COOKIELIST to "ALL".

> Documentation for CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER mentions that: "If you add a header
> that is otherwise generated and used by libcurl internally, your added one
> will be used instead." However, this doesn't seem to be happening. In the
> sList being provided for CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, one of the headers is in the
> format:
>
> Cookie: ABCD=EFGH
>
> Am I making a mistake here, because of which the Cookie header that libcurl
> otherwise intends to send is not gettign overwritten and two Cookie headers
> are being sent instead?

And as I said previously, I'm pretty sure this is fixed in recent versions.
You're using an old libcurl and thus suffer from old bugs.

I'm not very interested in chasing this unless it also happens with 7.15.3.