curl_global_init

From: Raquel Vieira <raquel.vieira_at_ent.efacec.pt>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:29:53 +0100

Hi!

I saw in the libcurl documentation, in the description of the
curl_global_init function, something like:

"This function is not thread safe. You must not call it when any other
thread in the program (i.e. a thread sharing the same memory) is
running. This doesn't just mean no other thread that is using libcurl.
Because curl_global_init() calls functions of other libraries that are
similarly thread unsafe, it could conflict with any other thread that
uses these other libraries."

Does anyone know what does this mean? It means that I have to use a
mutex in the access of libcurl if I have more than one thread that use
libcurl or I can't have more than one thread executing at the same time,
even if they aren't using libculr?

Raquel Vieira