More on TFTP test 271

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:12:03 +0100

On Mar 22, 13:56, I wrote:
>..
>RUN: TFTP server failed verification
> test 271 SKIPPED: failed starting TFTP server
>
>What really happens isn't that it failed to start the TFTP server (it runs
>nicely), it's actually Curl that failed:
>
>/tests>../src/curl -m4 -vg "tftp://127.0.0.1:
>8997/verifiedserver"
>* About to connect() to 127.0.0.1 port 8997
>* Trying 127.0.0.1... connected
>* Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) port 8997
>* set timeouts for state 0; Total 30, retry 5 maxtry 6
>* bind() failed; Invalid argument
>
>* Closing connection #0
>curl: (7) bind() failed; Invalid argument
>
>This would be line 568 in lib/tftp.c. Obviously we'll have to fix that,
>but the current test doesn't detect that tftp doesn't actually work in
>Curl on IRIX at the moment. Not sure how to best fix the test part.
[...]

In fact the bind() call in curl tftp seems to fail on all Unix platforms
except Linux. We can probably fix this easily, but maybe there's a way
to modify the test(s) a bit so that curl errors can be detected differently
from test server errors (we would have caught on to this problem a bit
earlier then). The test suite is working so astonishly well that this must
be considered truly minor compared to how useful it is though. Perfection
is an elusive, but nice, goal of course :-)

-Tor