Re: test suite errors of 7.15.2 on debian

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavok_at_debian.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:07:17 +0100

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 07:14:06PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
>
> >>Yes, I always run configure --disable-shared when I debug curl using the
> >>test suite since I find it annoying to not have all the symbols already
> >>when gdb is started on curl.
> >
> >does this mean you did not accept my patch?? :)
>
> Sorry, I didn't get back to you on this.

no problem

> I actually meant that I took the spirit of your patch and made the test
> suite detect what kind of gdb-invoke to make and then do the necessary
> invoke depending on if the executable is libtool-made or not!

libtool knows when it builds a shell script or what. i expect it always
does the right thing, whether you used --disable-shared or not. i just
checked it, it works.

so, probably, there is no need of your explicit check.

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://people.debian.org/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50