Re: Use read/write with same curl handle.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 00:13:06 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Nilesh wrote:

(Please trim your quotes, there's no need to send back a whole chunk of source
code again.)

> I used the same for for testing response from the server ( with only
> difference is , I have reset the default http header Expect: using
> CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER)

Why? My example didn't cause any Expect: header to get sent...

> Following is the what I got when I ran the binary,*

I think you should use the _exact_ source code I sent against the same server.
It would make a better test IMHO.

> - I am runing this on bug-endian machine ( PPC arch). Wonring is this is
> causing problem.

Well it could of course, but this has worked on big endian machines for ages
so it would surprise me.

For the fun of it, I built a fresh curl on an AIX box (on PPC) and tried a
similar test and it worked nicely for me.

> when I tried putting this call in ( REAL HACK ) transfer.c at line no. 1211
> ( Approx)

Now this puzzles me. You said you use 7.15.1, and when I look at line 1211 in
transfer.c as it was back in 7.15.1 it concerns _writing_ data (as in sending
it off to the peer) and not receiving. Did you really add the function invoke
there?

And BTW, while you're at poking in the code, you could just as well jump to
7.15.2.