Re: giva: curl/lib config.dj, 1.11, 1.12 config-win32.h, 1.30, 1.31 connect.c, 1.143, 1.144

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 01:06:55 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, cvs_at_labb.contactor.se wrote:

> Use getprotobyname() to retrieve protocol number for TCP
> (sorry, I don't know how to add this to the configure process).

> +#ifdef HAVE_GETPROTOBYNAME
> + struct protoent *pe = getprotobyname("tcp");
> + if (pe)
> + proto = p->p_proto;
> +#endif
> +
> + if(setsockopt(sockfd, proto, TCP_NODELAY, (void *)&onoff,
> sizeof(onoff)) < 0)

Gisle, I'm curious.

Did this solve any actual problem or did you just do this for completeness?

I'm not against the change, I'm just wondering what triggered it. I'll
probably not do the required configure check for it before 7.15.2 as I was
about to package it asap and I don't want to break it with bad last-minute
configure.ac fiddle. I'll do it immediately after this release though.