Re: connection status

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:22:51 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Barry Baker wrote:

> Well, I'm not sure I understand how this is "not a libcurl topic" just
> because you dont understand my usage of libcurl.

I thought your problems are because you're _not_ using libcurl but try to
figure out things under the hood on your own. But clearly I can be wrong.

> I'd prefer not to come up with an arbitrary timeout mechanism for persistent
> connections, and would rather rely on the mechanism that already exists in
> FTP servers. If any other users out there have tried to do similar things,
> I'd be interested in hearing from them versus "dropping" my initial question

I certainly don't prevent anyone from answering, but then I also asked you
several questions about why you do this the way you do and what you can
possibly gain from it. I guess that if I understood your use case better, I
could possibly provide a (better) answer.

But of course this just *me* and my views. Anyone else can always respond and
perhaps everyone else on this list already understood you fine.