Re: connection status

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:08:41 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Barry Baker wrote:

> we have some resources tied up that are associated with our curl handle so
> if we dont detect that the server closed down the connection, then those
> resources won't be released until the user explicitly closes down the
> connection.

I guess what I fail to understand is that why don't you need those resources
while the server is keeping the connection alive?

For possible re-use of the handle and connection?

- If so, why not just re-use the handle when you want that and just ignore if
   the connection had closed in between or not?

- If not, then you can just ignore the connected state and just close the
   handle unconditionally

Anyway, this is drifting and is actually no longer a libcurl topic. I'll drop
it here and leave you to do however you want! ;-)