Re: Defines/ifdefs name-scope

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:02:45 +0100

> These are standard autoconf definitions. Are you planning on renaming
> all 150 of them? What would you gain?

Nope, I'm not planning to replace 150 or so, just a very small subset
to start with.

It is just a very small step in the direction pointed by the TODO list
of curl which states the following:

"Make the curl/*.h headers include the proper system includes based on
what was present at the time when configure was run. Currently, the
sys/select.h header is for example included by curl/multi.h only on
specific platforms we know MUST have it. This is error-prone. We
therefore want the header files to adapt to configure results. Those
results must be stored in a new header and they must use a curl name
space, i.e not be HAVE_* prefix (as that would risk collide with other
apps that use libcurl and that runs configure)."

If this is not the direction to go, I hope Daniel can clarify a little
bit further.

--
-=[Yang]=-