Re: Passing raw data through a proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 15:24:36 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Karl M wrote:

> I had a problem with CURLAUTH_ANYSAFE and had to change to CURLAUTH_NTLM. My
> proxy closes the connection after responding to the first connect request
> (DOS protection) and libcurl does not connect again to send the connect with
> the auth type 1 stuff. I saw something about this on an older version of
> libcurl that indicated that it was fixed, but I still see the problem.

This is a known bug or limitation that is mentioned in the docs already, and
no I haven't fixed it and I don't have any fix pending.

I did have a patch going on, but I decided not go that road since it didn't
work properly and was a bit too big and complicated so I didn't feel
confortable with it. And then it slowly grew old and was no longer functional.

I personally don't use a proxy and the test suite has no "proper" CONNECT
support so this problem is not topmost on my agenda.