Re: Re: FTP CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE with CURLOPT_NOBODY bug ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:39:39 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Philippe Vaucher wrote:

>> That is just a totally bogus return code for FTP that would indicate a
>> >serious confusion somewhere...
>
> No it's not, look this :

> 01:37:21| [info] number of redirects hit maximum amount
>
> As you can see, I receive a 250 command sucessful, then the threads ends and
> the connection is closed, and then I get the weird error.

Yes, and I still thinks this indicates a serious confusion somewhere. That is
not a valid return code for FTP. Why do you say its not and then say you get
the error? I didn't claim the confusion would be in your code: it looks like a
libcurl problem based on your log outputs.

>> Aha. Any chance you can debug this to see if you can detect where it >goes
>> wrong?
>
> You mean debug the curl sources ? To be honest my deadline is close and I'd
> like to fix this bug without having to spend too much time into it, but if I
> have to I'll do it.

That's indeed what I suggest. You mention a deadline. That probably means you
get paid for working on this. I don't. And I don't have a deadline.

I'll see if I can provoke the bug to happen in my end.