Handling SPNEGO: WAS: Re: Building with Kerberos on Windows

From: <oppermana_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 03:00:52 -0500

Hi,

  I'm interested in using SPNEGO with libcurl ... which uses Kerberos 5. So, to answer
  your question, heimdal-0.7.1.tar.gz. No code changes required.

  For SPNEGO I used:
    openssl-0.9.8a.tar.gz
    fbopenssl-0.0.4.tar.gz
    heimdal-0.7.1.tar.gz
    curl-7.15.1.tar.bz2

  I have curl working with SPNEGO on AIX, Linux and Windows (cygwin). However I'm
  trying to code my own client to do SPNEGO, but this is not working yet. I've set the
  authentication mechanism CURLAUTH_GSSNEGOTIATE (also tried CURLAUTH_ANY),
  and am getting the SPNEGO challenge, but libcurl is not responding to this. I've also
  tried setting the required header replaying info from a curl session, and the server
  is then recognizing kerberos5. So, does this imply I have to do this manually in my
  client? Or is libcurl supposed to handle this on my behalf? Am I just missing something
  here? Additionally, has anyone made this work - sample code?

Thx,
  Anton

On 1/19/06, Allen Chan <innovation101_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the information. I'll also work on this and see what I can
> do. It does seem like it needs a little work.
>
> Allen
>
> On 1/19/06, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Allen Chan wrote:
> >
> > > I suspect this has to be built with Cygwin or something else other than VC
> > > since it's looking for netdb.h, types.h, and netinet/in.h.
> >
> > The krb4 parts of libcurl is very little used and not very widely tested or
> > compiled. It very likely needs attention and adjustments to compile and build
> > on non-unix environments.
> >
> > In fact, I'm not even sure it works these days. I have no means of testing it
> > and I haven't heard anyone using it for years.
> >
> > --
> > Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: http://haxx.se/curl.html

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com