RE: --ftp-port bug with unresolvable names?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:00:31 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, jon.turner_at_thomson.com wrote:

> C:\Temp>curl -v -P turnerj2 ftp://turnerj > out

> * Telling server to connect to 0.0.0.0:2306
>> PORT 0,0,0,0,9,2
> < 500 Invalid PORT Command.

Ugha!

Well, to start with I found a blatant flaw in the FTP code that prevented -P
[hostname] to do anything useful at all (when built ipv4-only). I'm committing
a fix for this after this mail.

The problem with -P - is a different one and indeed something I can't explain
nor repeat here. Any chance you can debug this and see how "-P -" can result
in 0.0.0.0 being sent?