Re: Passing raw data through a proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:18:11 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Allen Chan wrote:

> A new function springs to mind, what if you could also specify the socket
> that libcurl would use? We already have specify-the-local-port, might as
> well specify the socket too. Multiple proxy tunnelling anyone? Sounds like a
> bad hacker movie.

For that to work, it would not only mean specify-the-socket, it would have to
mean that the socket is already connected to the peer/proxy.

But I'd rather see actual use cases when we add new features, since adding
them on a "they might be good to have some day"-basis risk bloating and
complicating the lib sources without any useful purpose.