Re: Stripped keep-alive header

From: Allen Chan <innovation101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:37:59 +0900

Hello everyone,

Mark and Brian were right, it was indeed the firewall that replaces
the headers with the dashes. I also found out another thing though. A
few messages ago Daniel mentioned that curl uses default headers, I
was about to disagree because I didn't see them in the trace at all,
but now that the firewall is disabled, I got all those headers as
mentioned and now have double of everything. haha

So it turned out, It was stripping EVERYTHING that it thinks, well, i
don't know what it was thinking to do that. Also, there was only one
sequence of ----------------: ----------, even though a lot of headers
were removed. So it's not 1:1.

Now, regarding the other program, this is how it sends its header, etc:

The header is defined in dfTUNNEL_CONNECT_METHOD.

char buff[10240] = {0};

//making connect method
sprintf( buff, dfTUNNEL_CONNECT_METHOD, szSvrAddress,
dfTUNNEL_PORT_SSL, szSvrAddress, dfTUNNEL_PORT_SSL);

//connect method send
nResult = send( s, buff, strlen( buff ), 0 );

Pretty simple, I know. I really can't see any difference why this one
would go through whereas curl could not.

I have however found a work around. I just declare the header twice!!
It seems the Norton Firewall is dumb enough to ignore doubles.

Unfortunately, regarding CURLOPT_URL, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, then
CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, the resulting GET-turned-garbage is being
interpreted as an erroneous connection. I had to create a new option
CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYCONNECT without the GET call for my own use.

I am not sure if the curl community would be interested in VoIP
though. It is a transfer too right? Even if it does not involve
"concrete" files.

I think there are already some libraries being developed for VoIP and
they also use curl for their connection needs. I just thought that
maybe instead of having to do work arounds or changing curl for our
needs, some interface could be made for easier use?

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate this. Much respect to you all.

Allen